"1 +2 +1 Sino-American Personnel Training Plan"
Overview of the Project:
(1) The "1 +2 +1 Sino-American Personnel Training Plan" is a two-way higher education exchange and cooperation project between China and the USA managed by the Ministry of Education, China Education Association for International Exchange (CEAIE), the Center for International Educational Exchange (CCIEE), and the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU). CCIEE and AASCU selected Chinese and American universities which meet requirements to be members of this project and are asked to take on specific teaching tasks. Since June 2010, there has been 100 colleges and universities (including 82 Chinese ones and 18 American ones) participating in the project. As one of the earliest members, Soochow University has had 159 students participate in the project from 2001 to 2010. From 2004 to 2010, there have been 83 students who received diplomas and degrees from both universities.
(2) "1 +2 +1 Sino-American Personnel Training Plan" is divided into two parts, for undergraduate students and graduate students.
① For undergraduate students, freshmen from the Chinese member universities are selected to take courses at the American member university in the second and third years. Seniors return to China to have their senior-year courses. Students who take part in this program can receive diplomas and degrees from both universities during a single four-year program.
② For graduate students, during their first year they are selected to take courses at the American member university for two or three semesters. They then return to China to finish their thesis. This allows these students who attend an American university to also receive a three years graduate diploma and a master's degree from both organizations in three years.
For more information please go to http://www.cciee121.com/
2 American Colleges and universities that have cooperation agreements with Soochow University:
Troy University (TROY) [public] http://www.troy.edu
Ball State University (BSU) [public] http://www.bsu.edu
George Mason University (GMU) [ public ] http://www.gmu.edu
Northern Arizona University (NAU) [ public ] http://www.nau.edu
California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) http://www.csusb.edu/
Troy University (TROY) [ public ] http://www.troy.edu
Salem State College (SSC) [ public ] http://www.salemstate.edu
Humboldt State University (HSU) [ public ] http://www.humboldt.edu
3 Requirements for applying to the "1 +2 +1 Sino-American Personnel Training Plan"
(1) Only undergraduate and graduate students beginning their first year can apply for the project. The majority of U.S. universities require students to get average marks of 70 points or more (especially in the major courses of English, mathematics, computer and etc.). Sophomores permitted by the Chinese member university may also apply for it.
(2) Students agree to obey the relevant provisions of "1 +2 +1 Sino-American Personnel Training Plan".
(3) Students should not have been refused by the U.S. Embassy for bad behavior.
(4) Students should have relatively strong English (undergraduate applicants should pass their English exams in the first semester; postgraduate applicants should meet the English level required by the U.S. member college or university, or have the certificate of CET 6).
(5) Students should have relatively good family and economic backgrounds. (The total cost of the two-year project is about 40,000-70,000 dollars)
4 Start time of the "1 +2 +1 Sino-American Personnel Training Plan":
The project starts during October and December each year. Applicants will then go abroad in August the following year. Early questions about enrollment are welcome.